Fizmarble;561956 Wrote:
>  Do I have a lemon, or is the product line a lemon?

To answer both those questions, No. Squeezeboxes are not alarm clocks.
If one needs an alarm clock, then one needs to buy an alarm clock.
Squeezeboxes are Network Media Players meaning they play music from a
local server or Internet Radio from a local or web based server.

Does it have a feature of an alarm, it does, but its a feature and not
its primary purpose or function. Now the question is, do you want to
attempt to troubleshoot the issue? The reason I ask is that my Boom has
not failed to wake me in two years.

Need more information if you want to attempt a cure. Your using the SB
Radio? Do you have an SBS Server/PC? If yes, is it running 24/7? If
yes, what OS? What are you using for your alarm tone? Do you set a
backup alarm?

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom