danull;562449 Wrote:
> You're right, and as a further example the alarm functionality is listed
> as one of the key features on Amazon's product page for the Radio.  JJ
> may be unaware of this fact (Posts: 6,824)... he would have to leave
> this forum long enough to visit another website  ;-)

Again, you prove the point. It is a FEATURE. The SB Radio IS a Network
Media Player that has an alarm FEATURE.

Is Alarm or Clock anywhere in the title of the device? SB Radio is NOT
an alarm clock.

Lastly, the feature works fine for me with my Booms and SB Radios. I
think anybody having issues needs to look at their setup, Server, and
settings. There is probably a simple conflict or they are making the
alarm to complicated for what their system, Internet, or Network can
handle.

I would say 90% of the alarm problems can be resolved by running a
dedicated 24/7/365 SBS Server and using a local song as the alarm. The
more complicated one makes it the more likely something can and will go
wrong IE using MySB.com, the Internet, and an Internet Radio Stream for
the alarm tone is just asking for trouble.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom