This is a perfect (and very sad) example of what long time SlimDevices
customers feared when Logitech purchased SlimDevices.
Logitech is a behemoth corporation that seems to stumble over itself to
make anything "squeeze" related a confusing mess.

The simple solution to the Canada situation is to allow Canadian
customers to purchase any SqueezeBox items directly from the US if that
item is not available in Canada.
PITA for Logitech?  You bet.  Hopefully enough of a PITA to force
Logitech Canada to PROPERLY support their customers and stock their own
friggin products!
Especially if it's a promised add-on (battery pack) to the main item
(Radio) that *IS* currently available in Canada.
If the entire Radio itself were not available in Canada then I'd
understand Logitech Canada's position.

This whole thing makes about as much sense as Logitech selling printers
in Canada, but then not making replacement ink cartridges available in
Canada for said printers.

Complete and utter silliness and stupidity.

For PR purposes alone Logitech should fix this ridiculous situation!
They  look like a bunch of bumbling morons at a flea market stand than
anything even *remotely* like a technology company.

NOTE:
My above comments are related solely to Logitech marketing & logistics,
unrelated to the SqueezeBox development team.

--
toby10