garym;606815 Wrote:
> I suspect a lot of our "preferences" here are somewhat tied to the
> differences in bandwidth we're mentioning. I don't know how I'd cope
> with the UK limited bandwidth. In my home, we're so used to streaming
> 192kb or 128kb radio, streaming movies from netflix, surfing the net,
> sending and receiving large files, etc. that a serious limit on this
> would be life altering!

Yeah, my first reaction was why not stream radio from a smartphone, but
I guess those are limited over there too.

I'm not sure which direction the trend is going (toward the UK way or
the US way) but I know there would be an uprising in my house if any
limits were imposed. With the incredible growth of Netflix and video
streaming sites, I just can't imagine there would be any possibility to
cap or charge more for reasonable usage (reasonable as compared to the
use by other, similar customers).  Any carrier trying to do that would
lose its subscribers to competitors not doing so.

--
Goodsounds