Ikabob;607976 Wrote:
> I would not use an FM tuner. In my case, the sole reason I began
> exploring Internet radio was the general lack of quality am/fm
> broadcasts in my locale (sound and content). I am so glad that I found
> Internet radio, specifically the Logitech Squeezebox products. I do not
> think I could have made a better choice and I have been enjoying the
> many many stations as well as many of the music services available. The
> Logitech Squeezebox system has actually changed my daily
> music/entertainment life. So, not going back to fm-broadcast media for
> me, but to those who do have quality fm broadcasts, an fm tuner would
> be nice...if it did not interfere with the quality of the Squeezebox's
> Internet streams.

Other way round for me. Lousy Broad Band services mean streaming
exessive amounts is out. We have good FM and DAB services so that's
what I want to use. I agree I wouldn't want to loose the streaming
functioanality of sqeezebox products. I just want the option of a tuner
either built in or add on. Call me old fashioned but the term "Radio" by
definition intimates OTA function.
I think I've found a solution to my problem as in original post though.
I have started using VLC to stream a DVB-T radio signal from a tuner
card to my SB. Working fine but with a few teething problems to sort
out before I declare it a resounding success. I'd still like the tuner
option built in though ;-)

--
cliver