I have every sort of SB since SB3. I just added two Radios in the last
month, both with batteries. One for taking out to the front porch at
home from its resting place in my wife's "closet" area (where she
listens in the morning) and one for the deck at the weekend place or on
the kitchen counter. I don't use either one for alarms. One I use with
mysb.com the other I use with my own server, synched to my Transporter.
They've both been rock solid the entire time. Only time I touch them is
to move them outside temporarily and/or change the volume.

p.s. Booms sound better, but Radio sounds pretty good for what it is.

--
garym