garym;619956 Wrote:
> I have every sort of SB since SB3. I just added two Radios in the last
> month, both with batteries. One for taking out to the front porch at
> home from its resting place in my wife's "closet" area (where she
> listens in the morning) and one for the deck at the weekend place or on
> the kitchen counter. I don't use either one for alarms. One I use with
> mysb.com the other I use with my own server, synched to my Transporter.
> They've both been rock solid the entire time. Only time I touch them is
> to move them outside temporarily and/or change the volume.
>
> p.s. Booms sound better, but Radio sounds pretty good for what it is.

I have every sort of SB since the SB3 except for the Transporter and
Radio.  I've considered getting a Radio, but I would be getting it just
for the sake of getting it since I don't really need it.  Since the Boom
sounds better, I always thought it was worth shelling out the extra cash
for a Boom rather than get a Radio.

With the dented box deals for the Radio going for ~$120, I wish I had a
need for it :-).  I'll hold out for Son of Boom (when/if that comes
out).

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod
Touch.  SuSE 11.0 Server running SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.0, MusicIP, and
SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 33,696 songs, 2,720 albums, 499 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior