Having the same problem with Radio and BTHomehub3- constant drop outs
etc.  I naively thought the Homehub would have better Wi-fi performance
than an old Netgear box  - silly me... it all points to some sort of
incompatability although on another thread someone has posted that upon
ringing BT they knew something about this and did a fix remotely for
Squeezeboxes which may or may not be a connected issue (excuse pun) -
anyone else heard of this?

In the meantime don't throw the radio out!  As others have said its
relatively easy to hook another router up to act as the main wireless
point (it has to act as a switch but most modern ones do) and just use
the Homehub for the line - all very daft when we are all trying to save
energy- surely somewhere there is a permanent fix - as others have said
BT is the main ISP provider and a lot of people are moving for the
increased speed and BTFON and Zone.

Instuctions (and do this with the Homehub connected via ethernet)

Connect from one of the Home Hub's Ethernet ports to the main port on
your other router/switch

Disable wi-fi on the Home Hub

Log in to the Home Hub interface and turn off DHCP. On the Hub 1, go to
'Advanced > Configuration > IP Addresses'. On the Hub 2  go to 'Settings
> Advanced > Home Network > IP addresses' and deselect the "Use DHCP
Server" option.

Doing this should make your other router responsible for assigning IP
addresses and wireless connectivity (so you'll need to enable DHCP and
wireless on the other router).

--
balbs