michael123;663313 Wrote:
> I cannot use music for alarm since my storage sleeps at night, and I do
> not want to wake it up for that..
>
> Is there a possibility to download somehow regular alarm of 5$ device
> to SBR itself?

Fyi the " funny sounds" are not local to the radio they are at
mysqueezebox.com beats me why they have not a selection of alarms.

there is *one* local alarm sound, the fallback tune you get when alarm
fails from mysb.com or the radio provider ( if you have a radiostation
as an alarm ).

Btw radio issues an WOL signal 5 minutes before the alarm, so it can
wake an hibernating server .

before the nic in my server gave up the ghost I used it this way with
my boom, but my server was completely off so I booted the server via
WOL ( wake on lan ).

WOL requires that the server is conected with ethernet ( player can be
wifi ) and that it's harware supports WOL ,this is not always the case.

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad