That's a real shame, Marc but, with 3-4 alarm malfunctions in only just
over one month of experience, it certainly seems that your summation of
the situation is correct - i.e. this is not a reliable alarm clock.

Mind you, it also seems to be a fairly unreliable Internet radio. I've
already had the experience of one of my favourite stations disappearing
for more than a week while others were telling me they could still get
it. I get frequent dropouts of up to 30 seconds on radio signals, while
there is no wifi or Internet interruption. It only has a mono speaker,
although it does have a stereo decoder so I can at least appreciate
stereo sound in my earphones.

The impression I get is that this is a Beta product that should not yet
be on sale to the public.

--
TopGeek

Licenced radio amateur. Electronics/IT engineer. Translator of Dutch and
French to English. Received SBR as a Christmas present 2011.