buffettck;689601 Wrote:
> I haven't used the alarm clock feature on mine since I'm retired, but
> now I'm curious...  Are there built-in sounds you can use that don't
> rely on a network connection?  Can you use a built-in sound as an
> automatic backup to a radio station (or whatever) if the network goes
> down?
>
> As for the network status symbol.  White = connected and internet
> present, Yellow = connected to access point, no internet and Red =
> total loss of link with access point.

oh yes it has a very well known backup sound :) search the forum,
people not fond of funk/disco style music in the morning have hacked it
to replace the backup sound....

In the choice of two bad things they gone for waking you up in a bad
mode instead of not at all.
The backup is triggered by real problems ok. But also by bugs and
design shortcomings in their server client system, such as the bug when
the clock is not in exact sync with the server or mysb.com  will of
course trigger the backup alarm

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )