Hobgoblin;690654 Wrote:
> It's really great to see them use it to develop their own musical
> tastes, I just wish anything like it had existed when I was growing up.
> Then again, what they actually listen to!!!  Damn, I just turned into my
> parents...

I can't tell you how many times I thought the same thing to
myself...how wonderful it would have been to have had this technology
when I was a kid.

I like the idea that they have easy access to a ton of different music.
My daughter was recently reading a book with various biographies, which
included Louis Armstrong.  She got to listen to some of his music.  It
wasn't her taste (she's ony 7 afterall), but she got to hear what they
were talking about in the bio.  She's taking piano lessons, so
occasionally I get to play her the full context of a piece she is
working on.  It also means that I have to listen to Justin Beiber on
occasion too - there's always a downside :-).  You aren't the only one
turning into your parents :-).

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod
Touch, SqueezeCommander on Xoom.  SuSE 11.0 Server running
SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.5, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 37,509 songs, 2,934 albums, 515 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior