mpower9;697595 Wrote:
> I am also having trouble with my wi-fi connection. Every so often I will
> turn the radio on and see the red icon. If I reboot it will find the
> connection and all will be well.
>
> I have had the radio for several years and have had good connectivity.
> The only thing that has changed on my set up has been the official
> up-grades of FW. However, I live in a condo and there are new people
> upstairs with a very strong wi-fi signal. In my living room, I get a
> stronger signal from his router than from my own. My living room
> computer often has the same problem as my radio and cannot connect to
> my router. I have to reboot the router. I don't know if my router is
> getting past its useful life or if upstairs is just interfering with a
> more powerful router. I am about to buy a super duper router to replace
> my 6-7 year old model and see if I can beat out his signal. Will report
> back.

In your situation, it might help to have fixed IP addresses (not just
reserved in your router). search the forum for threads on how to do
this.

Also, I assume you've checked with inSSIDer or netstumbler to see what
channel the neighbors are using and you use one far away. Stick with 1,
6, or 11 if possible as these don't overlap with other channels.

--
garym

*Location 1:* VB Appliance 6TB (1.10) > LMS 7.7.1 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VB Appliance 3TB (2.0) > LMS 7.7.1 > Touch > Benchmark
DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.7.1 > SqueezePlay
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER,
or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag