1. If "downgrading" a SB Radio to UE Smart Radio firmware, will it be
possible to "upgrade" it back to SB Radio firmware or is it a one way
route ?

The exact procedure still is to be defined. Engineering strongly votes for the two ways, as otherwise support very likely will be swamped with requests for this.

2. If it's a two way route, is there any chance it will also be possible
to "upgrade" a UE Smart Radio hardware to use SB Radio firmware ?

I'm not sure whether the new hardware is 100% compatible. But I think it's not planned to provide this path.

--

Michael