mherger wrote:

> >> Not the Touch as we know it.
> >
> > Does this mean there will be a UE Touch with limited, but easier to
> use
> > functionallity, or there won't be an UE branded Touch (or Boom, for
> that
> > matter) with limited functionallity compared to LMS?
>
> What I wanted to say is that there will not be a re-branded SB Touch as
> we
> have a re-branded Radio now. Other than that we don't comment plans
> about
> future products.
>
> --
>
> Michael

My guess is, the Radio hardware was fine as is for a simple UE
rebranding and new (simpler) software.

The Touch is a different story because it's constructed to also act as
server, the hardware is overkill for the new simpler eco-system. A new
UE Touch could propably use cheaper CPU, less RAM, no USB port etc., so
it makes sense to launch a new UE Touch perhaps they can even spend a
little extra cash and opt for capacitative display.

My hope would bee that a new UE Touch (capacitative) could still run the
current firmware (sans serverpart). This way it could still be used in
the old eco-system.

A stereo version radio (Boom replament) still makes sense.