Mnyb wrote:
> Can be a difference , is it brand new does had many hours of playing
> ,the speaker driver may need some run in time to be at it's best (about
> the only thing in audio that may need "burn in" ) .
>
> But as they are of different hardware revisions ,who knows :-/ maybe
> they found a cheaper part .
>
> Do you have an SPL meter ?

Yes, the new is brand new. Didn't expect that it indeed might need some
time to "burn in". Thought already about adding a comment like this -
meant as a joke - in my post.

And no, I don't have a SPL meter (didn't even know what you meant by
this). Just looked around and found that there are some apps for iThings
and Androids. Maybe these are good enough for this purpose. Guess I will
try that, thanks.