reinholdk wrote:
> Yes, the new is brand new. Didn't expect that it indeed might need some
> time to "burn in". Thought already about adding a comment like this -
> meant as a joke - in my post.
>
> And no, I don't have a SPL meter (didn't even know what you meant by
> this). Just looked around and found that there are some apps for iThings
> and Androids. Maybe these are good enough for this purpose. Guess I will
> try that, thanks.

Yes that will do aftger all it's a relative and not absolute measurment
you wan't .

A lot of home theater enthusiast have that cheap and cheerful radio
schack SPL meter (Sound Pressure Level ) to calibrate speaker and
subwoofer levels . I have one too . It's not that uncommon to have one
of these .
A professional instrument costs $$$$ the RS one is cheap , but quite
ok.

Btw same firmware in both radios ?