Mnyb wrote:
> Yes that will do after all it's a relative and not absolute measurement
> you wan't . [Edit] important to keep the same distance if you measure.
>
> A lot of home theater enthusiast have that cheap and cheerful radio
> schack SPL meter (Sound Pressure Level ) to calibrate speaker and
> subwoofer levels .

I measured the two radios with a free SPL meter app for Android and it
showed -- no difference.

But I definitely *hear* a difference between the two.

And I'm not the only one. My teenaged daughter who probably has better
ears than me also told me that the new one sounds not like the old one.
And she did that before I spoke about hearing a difference myself.

The old one definitely sounds more dominant and clearer.

I hope that the new one might improve as mnyb indicated in his post
above.

BTW, mnyb, congrats to your 10000th post here in this forum! This is
highly appreciated by folks like me who seeking advice and only
sometimes taking part in the discussions.