vining wrote:
> i just installed the UE beta on a VortexBox and one of the 1st steps in
> the web gui setup is to enter your MySqz.com account and pass so it
> apparently needs it as well.  From what i've seen using it so far there
> isn't any noticable difference other than the name and an icon or two.
> The CLI is the same and it works with my AMX module that I developed for
> LMS.

Sounds like the UE Music Library beta for Vortexbox is based on the very
unofficial version which still supports Squeezebox devices, at this time
we don't know if Logitech will distribute or maintain this version of UE
Music Library, it's definitely not available through their
uesmartradio.com or mysqueezebox.com pages and I don't think it's even
available as nightly builds for Windows.

The official UE Music Library version doesn't ask for mysqueezebox.com
account at installation and doesn't allow easy installation of third
party plugins as the "Plugins" tab is disabled and doesn't exist in the
settings page, it also doesn't support Squeezebox devices.

I'm not sure if the unofficial version uses mysqueezebox.com or
uesmartradio.com or both as backend, if it asks you for a
mysqueezebox.com account at installation I suspect it uses
mysqueezebox.com as backend for Squeezebox devices which means that it
isn't any more future proof than LMS 7.x is.

vining wrote:

> Since UE is virtually the same as LMS it will probable be easy to
> upgrade LMS products to UE software although they might procrasniate so
> folks buy new product rather than install updates.  The only problem
> with that is they don't really have any products except the radio and I
> don't think that's even shipping yet.

I think they have started to ship the UE Smart Radio, at least in some
countries, as I've seen users posting questions about it in the official
support forum who seemed to have one.