I’ve got a Transporter, 2 Squeezebox Classic and one Radio working
flawlessly with a 7.5.1 server running on Ubuntu 10.04.  I just bought a
Touch and a second Radio.  I connected the Touch to the wireless
network, and it immediately updated and rebooted itself.  Upon reboot,
it announced that a software update to 7.5.1 r9812 was required.  I
started the update which completed properly and the Touch has worked
fine ever since.  So far so good.

When I started the Radio, it downloaded 7.7.2 r9663 from
mysqueezebox.com and rebooted.
Next it connected to my server and announced that a software update to
7.5.1 r9812 was required.
I selected “Begin Update” and:
- The download stops at zero percent
- The network connection icon blinks orange
- The screen announces that the “Update failed”

At this point, the Radio shows up in the server status (proper IP
address, firmware 7.7.2-r9663), but does not play music from the server
and continually suggests the update, which fails every time.

Here’s what I tried without getting different results:
- Wired connection - same failure
- Test network - No problems detected
- Tried a reset to factory settings
- Tried a restart with the Rew button pressed to reset the firmware
- Looked at the Radio’s “Software Updates” and found:
* Update 7.7.2 r9663 - [mysqueezebox.com]
* Update 7.5.1 r9812 - [my server name]
- Verified that the proper firmware files were installed on the server’s
firmware folder

I assume from browsing the forum that my mistake was to connect to
mysqueezebox. com and download the 7.7.2 update and now it will not
revert to the older firmware.

My 5 other Squeeze devices are working fine and for various reasons, I
want to avoid upgrading the server version.

Is there a way to troubleshoot why the Radio fails to download the
firmware file from my server?