pippin wrote:
> Oh, then try to run a, say, Touch or Radio, with SqueezeCenter 7.3. Same
> thing, they don't work because there _is_ no working firmware for these
> devices and this server version.
> The one thing that's worse here is that you can't really distinguish the
> devices and nobody tells you and that not even the server knows that
> there's an incompatible player connecting.

That I know - I certainly don't expect hardware that didn't exist when
particular versions of server software were made to work.  When new
hardware would come out, you would have to upgrade to the new version of
server software.  The Radio has been around for years - certainly before
7.5.5 was released.

I see where you are coming from - as an app you didn't have the luxury
of saying "my app only works with current/latest versions of squeezebox
server".