Well, I think they just didn't think about it when bringing in the new
hardware revision. Remember,mist always been a Slimdevices (even before
Logitech times) philosophy that you should always use the latest server
version with your device and match up firmware and server.

I've been trying to tell them for years that its eventually going to
hurt if your devices are not compatible to different server versions on
the protocol level. Would eventually have become a real issue with the
App hadn't they discontinued the platform, it's unbelievable how much
code I have in iPeng just to cope with different server versions.

Now all of that paid off nicely when doing iPeng UE, because UE works
fine with my legacy code where it did not with the one for the current
generation of LMS :)