pippin wrote:
> Well, I think they just didn't think about it when bringing in the new
> hardware revision. Remember,mist always been a Slimdevices (even before
> Logitech times) philosophy that you should always use the latest server
> version with your device and match up firmware and server.

I thought that was the reason for the automatic fw upgrades/downgrades
based on the server version - you were guaranteed to be running FW
compatable with the server software.  There, all they had to do was make
sure that the interfaces required for upgrading/downgrading fw were
front and backward compatable.  I can see how it would be a nightmare
and restrictive if you had to maintain full backward compatability to
run any FW with any server.

I'm realistic and don't expect the new radio FW to work with an old
version of the server.  What I do expect to work is the ability to
automatically load the appropriate FW version for the server version I'm
running.  I've never encountered an issue with this until now.