So my SB Radio is revision 0007 per a cat of /proc/cpuinfo.

...sigh...

Sorry, but I'm going to vent...

This absolutely ludicrous!!  I don't care what actual hardware exists
inside the box, it is a squeezebox radio (says so right on the case!).
It's not a Radio Rev. 2, it's not a UE Smart Radio.  It SHOULD support
whatever software was designed to support the Radio.

I find myself not feeling so bad about the demise of the squeezebox -
this is just absurd.  Sorry to the developers still working on this
stuff - I'm sure it's not your fault, this smells of mismanagement.
Talk about fodder for Scott Adams in his Dilbert strip!

I will give LMS 7.7.2 (or whatever the latest is) a try.  If I find
there are issues using ALL of my other squeezeboxes with it, my Radio
will quickly go back in it's box back to Amazon.  It's just not worth
it!

Thankfully I didn't suggest my friend at work get a Radio - he got a
Grace digital radio instead.  Now I don't feel bad that I didn't suggest
the Radio.

OK, vent done.

For those of you that may stumble on this thread, here's the deal.  If
you have a new squeezebox radio and it will update to the FW on
mysb.com, but will not update to the version you run locally that is
older than 7.7.2, you will have no choice but to upgrade to 7.7.2 of
LMS.  What you attempt the FW update to something < 7.7.2, it will
appear to start at 0%, and immediately fail.  When it fails, the wifi
icon will briefly turn to red and back to white.  No matter what you do,
it just won't update.

Confirm this by ssh'ing into your radio and cat'ing /proc/cpuinfo.  If
you see revision 0007 at the end, you are definitely in this boat.

If you attempt to play music with the newer FW on the radio with your
<7.7.2 server, it will appear to play, but no sound will come out.
Navigating menus will be slow.  You try to reconnect to mysb.com and it
will restart itself and upon reboot will send a crash report to
logitech.  Now you connect to mysb.com and it works as it should.

Great stuff eh?  You just can't make this stuff up.

It's like Logitech is holding up its middle finger at us as they close
the door to the squeezebox.  Thanks a bunch guys, really appreciate it!

(guess the rant wasn't quite done yet ;-).