simlu wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> First of all I'd like to share with you my disappointment with the UE
> Smart Radio. Shame on me I didn't read enough before buying. I was sure
> this little music box would be better than it's predecessor but it's
> quite the opposite. A lot of cool features have been removed and the one
> I wanted the most with the UE Smart Radio wasn't there: playing music
> locally using my Synology NAS.
>
> I decided to downgrade the firmware to baby 7.7.2 (r9663), thanks to
> some useful posts I found on this forum. So far, I've encountered no
> issues at all. Here's the information of my UE:

Thanks so much for posting these step by step details!  Very well
written.  If I find I have a hankering for another radio, this is
definitely an option!

An update regarding my situation - I've successfully upgraded my server
to 7.7.2 and thing are running swimmingly.  I also update the OS in my
server and installed an SSD for the OS.  Overall, it is much snappier,
which may be in large part due to the server upgrades.  I'm happy with
how my system is running now and it's good to be running a current
version of the server.  At least the last version of the server software
is robust.