dkfackler wrote:
> My ignorance may be showing, but does the radio need that pointer to the
> desired firmware? Without the symlink, would the radio be once again a
> "StupidRadio"?
>
> My formerly StupidRadio is much better and more useful as a Squeezebox.
>
> Now to use a Raspberry Pi as a server...
>
> ~DK

The symlink is required to install the .bin file from it's non-standard
location in the /media directory.

Now it's my turn to expose my ignorance.  When you write "use a
Raspberry Pi as a server..." do you mean use it as a true replacement
for the Logitech server, or as a server for podcasts and music files?

Regards

hip