bpa wrote:
> I can't see anything in logs indicating a voulme change but not all
> sources of change for Radio have been logged (e.g. IR control)

The volume changes are logged, search for "new volume from player" in
the Radio's messages file. I don't have any IR control in use for the
SBs, in fact they're packed away.

> When sound resume after knob clock - is it at same position (i.e paused)
> or has stream moved on (i.e. volumen set to zero) in the meantime.

The stream moved on. I can also see the progress in LMS web UI.

> Without more details (i.e. is stream paused - what does NP screen show ?
> does audio continue without a gap)  - I think the problem is hardware
> (e.g. could IR sensor be failing, could audio output have problems).
> Not sure what you can do except possibly reload firmware and factory
> reset.

In this situation the NP screen shows what has been played before
switching the Radio to standby and doesn't show any progress indicator.
This morning I made another observation: after switching music from
Radio1 to Radio2 using SwitchPlayer plugin I went to the kitchen where
Radio2 is placed but it didn't play and the digital clock was shown. Now
I changed volume without switching it on(!) and it played the correct
track. The screen still showed the clock. It played only for 10 seconds
or so before it muted again. Another small twist of the volume knob let
it play for another short period and so on.

Since usually both Radios are affected and since there's the workaround
to switch to MYSB and back after which they are working fine at least
for the whole day, I doubt it's the hardware. But it's not impossible of
course. I can replace one of them by another Radio that I usually run on
battery so it's really off if not used and therefore not involved in
this mystery. And I have two spare Radios that I can try...

Thanks for your comments!