iPhone wrote:
> .
> I have had one Baby that over the years every once in a while the WiFi
> goes Red Icon and when I search for LMS Server or Network it obviously
> says it can't find them. The following flowchart has always cleared the
> issue and gotten me back on the network via WiFi (and I can't explain
> why this would work or why it clears whatever problem the WiFi has run
> into).
>
> Home Screen > Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Wireless  Info >
> (should say no IP Address) Back Arrow > Network Health >
> Check Network > (should again say no IP Address) > Repair Network >
> (should again say no IP Address)
>
> Now look down and see if your WiFi Icon has turned White or is still
> Red:
> If White do a Check Network, when that passes, back out and find your
> Music or LMS Server
> If Red do a Repair Network, the WiFi Icon should be White now if this
> routine cleared the issue, do a Check Network, when that passes, back
> out and find your Music or LMS Server
>
> Again have no idea why this has cleared this issue the few times it has
> happened. Note: running LMS 7.9.1 and firmware on Baby is 7.7.3 r16676

Sorry, didn't help. The 'Check Network' step just complains that no
Ethernet connection is available. Basically I can't seem to get the
device out of wired mode because I cannot successfully connect any WiFi
network. So whenever I try, it fails, and the Radio stays in demand of a
wired connection.
After a reset to factory defaults, the process to set up the Radio
cannot be completed far enough to get to the main menu. I have to either
choose wired connection (and also attach a wire of course), or try to
scan for WiFi connections which is the exact thing that fails with this
device. So I cannot get out of that phase of the setup. Once I choose
Ethernet, all the repair mechanisms care about is also the Ethernet
connection apparently.
As WiFi-to-Ethernet gateways are below 10 USD nowadays, that might be a
way out. The downside is that another power supply is needed then.
Portability is no longer a thing with this baby.

PN me if your Boom / Classic / Transporter display has issues!

LMS 7.9.0 on Windows Server 2012
1x Squezeebox Classic SB2
7x Squeezebox Classic SB3 (one waiting for repair)
7x Squeezebox Boom (two waiting for repair)
1x Transporter
2x Controller (one waiting for repair)
3x Touch (two waiting for repair)
1x Radio