djringjr wrote:
> I think you might mean "if you ARE running LMS then firmware  is not
> needed - just a small applet" but  in any event, the two links made my
> day!

No - I meant exactly what I wrote.

As I have a rough plugin in Perl for iHeart on LMS - I know that a small
applet written in Lua could handle finding iHeart playable URLs. The
applet could be installed as a 3rd party Applet on Touch and in theory
Radio, Squeezeplay and Controler. The difficulties are
1.  My Lua and Touch skills are not good enough to do this quickly.
2. Only Shoutcast streams (ICY MP3) are playable on Touch/Radio.  It
seems many iHeart stream are moving over to m3u8 (i.e. Apple HLS) and
Touch/Radio would need new firmware to handle HLS natively (at the
moment LMS can transcode).