djringjr wrote:
> I wasn't trying to criticise, I just wanted the forum to be accurate.
>
> I had NO idea the applets ran inside the Squeezebox itself, I thought
> they ran in LMS.
>
> My SINCERE APPOLOGIES!

No need to apologise - I wanted to clarify the issue.

Plugins runs in LMS and work for all players. They are written in Perl
Apps generally deliver a service provided by or with assistance from
MySqueezebox.com - usually written in Perl.
Applets run in the players that are written in Lua such as Squeezeplay,
Touch, Radio and Controller and installed via the
Setting/Advanced/Applet installer menu.  3rd party applets include EDO,
custom clock etc.