The freeze problem is odd so at the moment you have to look around to
find any signs and consider anything that is not "normal".

When I asked to compare process tree in "ps" - I had hoped you would
compare CPU and memory usage of each process to see if any process has
started to behave oddly.

In the log why was it necessary to issue "tail -f" commands a few times
?

Before each time the "tail -f"and before the "gap" in the log the
request timeout messages appear

Code:

  Jan 10 23:03:37 squeezeplay: WARN   net.thread - NetworkThread.lua:146
network thread timeout for Task(SocketHttp {baby.squeezenetwork.com}(R))
  Jan 10 23:04:22 squeezeplay: WARN   net.thread - NetworkThread.lua:146
network thread timeout for Task(SocketHttp {mysqueezebox.com_Request}(R))

This would indicate there are network problems in addition or possibly
presaging the freeze - since ssh is over the network it may also explain
gap.