ralphy wrote:
> What version of ubuntu?

squeezeos@6c173de7160a:~/poky$ uname -a
Linux 6c173de7160a 5.4.0-47-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 4 19:50:52
UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
VERSION="12.04.5 LTS, Precise Pangolin"

ralphy: -'Others have been successful using v12.x but had to make
changes to the poky bitbake files to get it to work'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111663-Community-Build-Radio-Firmware&p=971739&viewfull=1#post971739).
-
Oh, dear, so the docker from 'here'
(https://github.com/naguirre/squeezeos/tree/dev/nae/docker/docker)
doesn't include the patches and extra tarballs mentioned in the post? Is
there a list of these steps? I thought this would work because it did
build quite a bit. This docker was the only practical way to get into
this project that I could find. Any suggestions?

How about creating a public virtual machine image on AWS or alternative
that others can copy and launch that would provide a complete build
environment with sources, etc.? Experimenters could launch their own
instance on a really inexpensive or free configuration, and turn it off
when not using it, without altering your original. This would solve a
lot of problems. Another project!

ralphy: -I'd doubt it very much.  If logitech had had plans to release
the private sources, they would have already done so.  You need to have
login credentials to the svn repository to access the private source
bits.
-
Right. I think it likely that this code was in a grey area and not
released because of an NDA between Logitech and Atheros. However, my
understanding is that an NDA can not prohibit the release of GPL code,
which by GPL is required to be released, especially upon request, but I
am not an expert in GPL vs NDA (another project).

ralphy: -Extract the attached file atheros-ar6-module-src.tar.gz in
poky/meta-squeezeos/packages/atheros
Remove the ## from the beginning of
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_atheros-ar6-module = \"atheros-ar6-module-src\" in
poky/build/local.conf-

Thanks. I will look it over, but I am swamped at the moment, plus I
can't build anything, so please continue your efforts. Thanks!