mankan wrote:
> Thanks for your work but I don't understand the installation
> instruction. I guess we are many users of the Squeezebox radio that have
> the same problem. Could you please try to write an "instruction for
> dummies"?

Yes, I was concerned with this issue. This would be hard for me to do,
because I don't know exactly what you and others don't know or
understand. The installation requires reading the zipped 'manual.txt'
file then use so-called command line tools like putty that typically
only developers or IT professionals use. It would be great if someone
else could write an "easy-manual" and make it available here and on the
user's group forum.

(Also, a real package install might be helpful, but this software was
intended as a temporary measure for use only until the underlying
wireless lan connectivity issues are fixed. However, the project has
stalled, as I am stuck and the other developers are occupied doing other
more important work. Meanwhile, wlanpoke has reset wireless connections
on 6 squeezebox radios here over 9000 times since September 25. The
music, from internet sources, has continued to play. The LMS server has
been rebooted a few times, and the radios have recovered on their own.
No radios have required rebooting.)

What I can try to do is try to answer your and other's specific
questions about the software, usage, and installation, or any topic,
whether included in manual.txt or not, as best I can and include the
questions and answers in a FAQ, and edit manual.txt to improve the text
there. I request that you do this by starting a new topic under the
user's forum, rather than in this topic, if you can. Please PM me so
that I am aware of the new topic, which I can then follow.