slartibartfast wrote:
> I bought one of these recently and I seem to be getting longer run time
> than my previous replacement when that was new. It also reports the
> correct battery monitor voltages in the diagnostics menu which the last
> one didn't.
> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112475696725
>
> Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I bought one on ebay in the US recently, and rediscovered how nice it is
to have the battery option. I love being able to just grab the radio to
either work outside or in another room. I am also really impressed on
how long it will operate on batteries. I have never run them to dead,
but can listen, say all afternoon.

I don't remember exactly what I bought but in the US it was about
$25USD.

I would be surprised if these packs were "old". I am familiar with some
of these battery manufactures and know that many are capable of quick
line setup to run "short batches" for low quota orders to fill niche
demands (for items like this). Since batteries age and die, but the
products are still useful, I imagine it's a decent business to be able
to fill this demand.

Sorry for the editorial, just wanted to provide what little insight I
have to support my feeling that these are probably recently (within
reason) manufactured :)

Jim