Steevee28 wrote:

> It's absolutely correct what you wrote, but as @ralphy pointed out, he
> -is- able to rebuild the Jive executable, or did I get this wrong? There
> is a community build of Radio firmware and @ralphy is even building
> PiCorePlayer from scratch, as far I know. So we -can- change that bit of
> code and thus fixing the C-part should be pretty simple.

As I read it this he can only make that change based on the community
version, which to me appears to imply that he uses a newer development
platform that creates incompatible binaries. I'm not yet willing to go
that way so I'm currently investigating a different route. As my armv5te
development machine originally came with a Debian Squeeze based OS,
which seems to be what the Squeezeboxes are based on as well, I did some
digging and found the original install image. I'll need to change some
parameters as Squeeze is obviously archived now and I will need
build-essentials to get me going, but I should then be able to compile
the squeezeplay sources to create a jive binary that is compatible with
my Radio.

In the meantime I have submitted a pull request to Ralph's fork to be
included in the community build. The change is of course currently
untested on the actual platform but I'm certain it will solve the sign
change in the LUA part of squeezeplay.