Chiming in with problems exactly like you describe here:

* 3x Boom, no troubles
* 3x Radio, none working any more

My setup, which works perfectyl for the booms:
* 2x AP Honor Router 3 Wifi6 channels 6+11 for 2.4
* 1x AP TP-Link WR841N Wifi N channel 1 for legacy/old devices: the 3
booms connect to that one absolutely stable

What I tried or noticed:
* Last stable setup was: 3x radio conenct to FritzBox 7590 firmware
7.21. With 7.24/7.25 they introduced mesh-techniques, the radios are
screwed since then
* Tried replacing the TP-Link with a Asus RT-AC66U
* Tried isolating/putting the TP-Link on a separate interface on my
SophosXG firewall
* Tried letting DHCP handling by SophosXG, TP-Link or Asus AC66U

All to no avail. Best I get is starting the device, getting a short
connect and a disconnect shortly after. Mostly even the connect fails.
As my booms are just fine I can easily fingerpoint to the radios here.