P Nelson wrote:
> As someone that has the WiFi interference issue on the SB Radios, I
> appreciate a simplified instruction list to install the wlanpoke fix
> developed by POMdev.  I will give this a try over the weekend.
>
> If I have trouble and mess something up, will a factory reset undo the
> changes?  Hopefully the risk of me turning the SB Radio into a brick is
> low.
>
> Can this solution be implemented via the plug-in or patch process used
> for the Community Firmware?  This would make it a lot easier to install
> the fix.
>
> Thank you for developing the simplified instructions.
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

Good luck applying the fix. I don't think you'll have any problems. I
can't stop marveling over how my Radios are back to being ready to go
whenever I feel like using them.

I have no reason to think that having installed the fix would affect a
factory reset in any way. I believe that any and all new folders and
files would be erased.

I read through the instructions again and only noticed one thing that I
intended to mention but forgot to: The instructions refer to the Radio's
root directory (the top of the file hierarchy), but there is also a
directory (i.e. folder) that is named "root". In fact, if I recall
correctly, that is the folder that is initially shown when you use
WinSCP to log in to the Radio as user "root". Since it is a possible
point of confusion, I meant to point out that the root directory is not
to be confused with the directory named "root".