mrw wrote:
> a) Have you enabled remote login on that Radio ?
> b) I don't know why you are getting a SFTP message. I assume that you
> are trying to use SSH.

a - yes, that was the first thing I checked.  If I disable remote
log-in, I get a different message. I turned remote login off and back on
again to see it something would get reset.

b- I used the exact same simplified instructions, so I assume that is
SSH.

I see the community firmware did the following:
-Update dropbear ssh server/client to 2019.78 release.
-Improved dropbear ssh server security.

Not sure why WinSCP does not want to work with the stock firmware vs the
community firmware, assuming SSH might be an issue.

I will have to stop being lazy and update the radio to the community
firmware and see what happens.

As a side note, I noticed this comment on the Community Firmware under
version 8.01 r16815:  "Enable ssh remote login by default to aid
recovery from an update failure".
The simplified instructions commented about turning remote login off,
perhaps it better to leave it enabled.

Thanks

Paul