rojikewl wrote:

> In preparation to install the fix, I noticed that about six months ago,
> in his (?) first (and so far only) post on this forum, mankan requested
> that someone write "instructions for dummies" for wlanpoke. Having
> recently struggled through the user manual as a non-technical user, I
> agree that such instructions are necessary, so I am taking a stab at
> writing them by describing, step by step, how I installed wlanpoke on my
> three Squeezebox Radios. If anyone notices any problems with my
> instructions, please let us know. I'm afraid that most non-technical
> users may have given up on their Radios by now, but I hope these
> instructions help someone.

Thank you so much for these instructions!  I had to do this on EIGHT
radios, and after the first two I was able to just execute on the rest.
However, I thought it would be a good idea to have a step by step
cheatsheet at the very least.  Here is my condensed version.  Uploading
the fix is much less daunting once you've done it once.

EVEN SIMPLER INSTRUCTIONS FOR SQUEEZEBOX RADIO WI-FI FIX (WLANPOKE)

1.      PREP RADIO: Enable SSH: Home | Settings | Advanced | Remote Login |
Enable SSH. IP ADDRESS: _____________________

-NOTE: THIS STEP CAN BE SKIPPED IF RADIO IS RUNNING 8.01 firmware or
later. (You still need the IP Adress though)-

2.      DOWNLOAD WLANPOKE: https://github.com/PomDev2/wlanpoke and extract
it.

3.      DOWNLOAD WINSCP: https://winscp.net/eng/download.php and install it.

4.      LAUNCH WINSCP:
Protocol - SCP
Host name – IP ADDRESS OF RADIO
User Name – root
Password – 1234

-NOTE: IF SESSION DISCONNECTS, JUST RECONNECT AND PRESS ONWARD.-

Go to \etc and create new directory wlanpoke.
Upload wlanpoke files to new directory

5.      CHANGE PERMISSIONS:
chmod 755 /etc/wlanpoke/*.sh
chmod 755 /etc/wlanpoke/rcS.local.example

-NOTE: AFTER THESE COMMANDS ARE COPIED INTO WINSCP, THEY ARE IN THE
DROPDOWN MENU.-

6.      Copy rcS.local.example to /etc/init.d.
Rename to rcS.local.

7.      Edit rcS.local change last line to /etc/wlanpoke/wlanpoke.sh -x &

8.      Close WinSCP session.

9.      Restart the Radio.

10.     REPEAT Steps 4 through 10 for each radio.