POMdev wrote:

> This "wlanpoke exiting" issue can occur for a variety of reasons, most
> of them unknown. However, one reason is the existence of a WiFi access
> point SSID containing an apostrophe. This will always cause the current
> script to exit because the logging functions do not support an
> apostrophe (i.e., single quote) in a name, and the WiFi names are logged
> for troubleshooting. This is a limitation of the current software
> design, which failed to anticipate things like "Jack's WiFi" as a valid
> access point name, oops.

I have checked the logs and when it scans and lists all of the SSIDs
that it finds, none of them have an apostrophe.  The only type of
special character I see in any of them is a dash "-" or a space.

The only issues I am really seeing with wlanpoke are:

1. Even with the default settings of 2 second pings, quick reset
disabled, and 6 failed pings before a reset, I usually see the
connection re-established well before the music stops playing.  However
10 seconds or so after the connection is re-established, the music will
pause for a while and a "rebuffering" message will appear.  I would
think that if the connection has been re-established, the music wouldn't
need to stop.

2. wlanpoke exiting for no reason after a WIFI reset attempt.   In the
ncat tcp logs it says nothing but "wlanpoke exiting", but in the logs
stored on the radio there was more info surrounding the exit, but by the
time I got around to saving those logs, they had been overwritten.

3. The wlanpoke typically runs for a while before it has an issue, but
the web server with info (I use the slow option) seems to fail with some
regularity.  I know that wlanpoke is still running because I can still
see resets happening in the ncat tcp logs.  I can SSH in to the radio
and restart the web server and it will start working again.

BTW, thanks for all of the work on wlanpoke!