P Nelson wrote:
> For the speaker output, does the Both Channels Stereo or Mono have the
> same result, or is there actually a sonic difference?   The reason I ask
> does combining a right and left signal result to the same speaker result
> in a canceling or enhancing an audio signal?

Not @ralphy, but I would expect the same result. As I recall it, “Both
Channels (Mono)” pushes (L+R)÷2 (i.e. Mid ÷ 2) into each of the L & R
components. The Radio speaker’s DSP mixer simply combines L & R
components with L+R, i.e. it makes Mid. Either way, we get the same
result, there’s no tinkering around with Side.

Of course, if the source L & R has been mixed with some phase
cancelling/enhancement/effects stuff then Mid could be made to sound
odd, or just plain silent. I would suppose that such a source could
hardly be a good candidate for monaural reproduction.

The Radio headphone’s DSP mixer does nothing, i.e. it is a pass
through.

I’m too far from my Radio to actually physically test…