> I think it's a good question. Certainly that's the technically easiest
> solution here. Javascript is a pretty cool language. It has lots of ruby
> like features. One major hangup for me is actually just the syntax. Bloody
> commas, semi-colons and curly brackets everywhere. Normally I'm not the sort
> of person who gets hung up on this sort of thing, but I spend a substantial
> amount of time going back and putting commas in and so forth, and it really
> is costing me in terms of efficiency. Also, it doesn't help that in some
> cases, some browsers let you get away with missing bits of syntax, but other
> don't.
I can understand that to some degree, but it's hard to be sympathetic
to the idea that maybe we don't just need to learn JS properly.

That's what JSlint is for, though. A relatively short period of using
the TextMate bundle meant I never forgot what went where again (cause
it has nice little notifications for warnings or errors on save). I'm
sure there are similar plugins etc for other editors and IDEs.