On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Daryl Moulder <dmoul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I managed to convince my client that Ruby on Rails was a good way to go for a
> particular project.  This is great as it will enable me to build up a
> commercial portfolio.
>
> One issue though is they come from a Delphi background and would like some
> kind of RAD environment.  I have pointed out the Ruby in Steel Visual Studio
> plugin.
>
> Does anyone else know of any gui builder type environments for Rails?
>
> I'm hoping to work mainly in Textmate in OS X and then get it working with a
> gui builder so that they can see the interface more clearly.

Hi Daryl,

there's RubyMine and NetBeans, but you should be aware that the
mainstream of ruby dev is very much text-focused. If you try to use a
GUI builder, you will get little help from the community with any
problems, just because they're not heavily used.

mark

--
A UNIX signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent of a
black velvet clown painting. It's a rectangle of carets surrounding a