Hi Rich,

My only machine is an 11" Air (one revision old, i.e. 1.8GHz i7, 4GB RAM). I'd
fully recommend it as a primary development box.

In particular, 4GB is plenty for my workload (multiple Sublime projects &
shells, browsers, mail, and the rest). This is what my RAM profile looks like
after a week of uptime: http://d.pr/qtmH

It's a wonderful machine to cart around (it's not much heavier than an iPad)
and the battery life is very good (if you watch the brightness, 3-4 hours).

- Ben