I have a Mac Air 11", and the difference the size and weight makes is
enormous. Basically, I can throw my laptop in my backpack and not even
have to think about whether I need it or not [1]. Previously, with my
slab of a 15", I'd have to think long and hard if I wanted to lug that
thing around all day. It does take some time to get used to the
smaller screen (1366x768) and given that the newer MBP are pretty
light in their own right, it might be less of an issue than it used to
be.

I got the tricked out i7 model - added a few hundred to the price but
well worth it in my opinion. So I started with the mid-range Mac Air",
went from 4GB -> 8GB RAM, i5 -> i7 CPU, 128GB -> 256GB SSD. Each
upgrade about a hundred each, but worth it.

Robert

[1] It's not my main machine.