On 12/10/11 01:45, David Crossley wrote:
> The upcoming resolution [1] needs to define a
> "Description and scope" statement.
>
> In the template [2] the statement used in two places.
> Here is the second:
>
>   RESOLVED, that the Apache ${PROJECT} Project be and hereby is
>   responsible for the creation and maintenance of software
>   related to ${DESCRIPTION-AND-SCOPE};
>   and be it further
>
> Probably should look at recent resolutions to ensure
> that template is current.
>
> A suggestion:
>   related to comprehension and auditing of software distributions

+1

> We also need a concise description for use on the website,
> at Incubator podlings.xml metadata, reports, etcetera.
>
>   The Apache Creadur (tm) Project provides a suite of tools for
>   the comprehension and auditing of software distributions.

+1

I've been wondering whether whether just using one plain HTML document
for the project website might work well. Opinions?

> Should we also have a concise description for each product, e.g.
> The Apache Creadur RAT (tm) software ...
> The Apache Creadur Whisker (tm) software ...

"Apache Rat" and "Apache Whisker" would also be fine. Since these names
are simple and are already established, I'm inclined to stick with them.

We'll need to ship a "Apache Creadur" bundle containing every product.

> I presume that we use a product's full name on the first mention,
> "Apache Creadur Whisker" and thereafter refer to it
> as "Apache Whisker" or just "Whisker". Is that correct?

+1

Robert