After a lot of hard work, the suitable name search has now been signed off[1]. It's unfortunate that a lot of this discussion needed to be private (see [2] for more on the reasons) but consensus has been reached that

* Apache Rat is a fine product name[3]
* Creadur is a more suitable top level project name[4]

The general plan is to carry on with Apache Rat, Apache Tentacles, Apache Whisker as product names pretty much as they are now, and propose that the top level project name for this suite be Apache Creadur. (In time, hopefully we'll be able to ship the whole suite as Apache Creadur.)

What more needs to be done before we can graduate?

Robert

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/rat.html
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-4