On 04/09/12 06:44, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
On 2012-04-07, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

Today, the podling website[1] is generated by Maven for Rat.

A CMS based[2] replacement[3] has been in staging for a while. Some
pages are edited using the bookmarklet (please feel free to jump in),
others are generated using Maven then checked in. (For rat use 'mvn
site:deploy -Pcms')

Should we switch to the CMS...?

I have just tried the mvn-based site, I changed a single page and had to
commit all Javadocs - I don't think I like this.

yeh - I find this annoying too

(but not annoying enough for me to code a wagon plugin with smoother subversion integration)

deploying the old site using Maven is a PITA for me too, so for me this isn't any worse

In general I'm not a big fan of mvn sites with generated reports that
are useful for the projects developers but not for its users.  Given we
only have a few content-pages in total (less than 20, I'd guess), I'd
prefer to manage them via the CMS and drop the mvn site completely.

+1 (for rat)

for the moment, I'm happy to put with 'mvn site' pain for whisker

tentacles already uses CMS

One nit

[3] http://rat.staging.apache.org/rat/rat/

will need creadur in the first two "rat"-places once we move to the TLP.

yep

Robert