Hi Bernhard, On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 09:19:56PM +0000, Bernhard M. Wiedemann wrote: > On 23/10/2018 14.51, David A. Wheeler wrote: > > How close is the core of Debian to being reproducibly built? By > > core I mean the packages that you always have to install no matter > > what. > > Coincidentally, I just answered a similar question for openSUSE: > https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2018-10/msg00242.html > > Of 107 core devel pkgs, 4 are very bad > > Of 2444 DVD pkgs, 49 are very bad > 120 more have reproducibility issues that can be auto-filtered. > > Not all of them are strictly required/core, but things like Firefox, > Thunderbird, libreoffice would be good to get fixed some day, too. > > Usually, around 95% of packages can be built with bit-identical results. > > As detailed in https://www.suse.com/c/?p=42014 I also compared > official builds with local ones and already found several bugs with > it, so reproducibility is not just theoretical.
just a belated 'wow' on this. I've seen http://rb.zq1.de/compare.factory-20190228/rbstats.txt which AFAICS are the latest results, which are: total-packages: 11405 build-tried: 11405 build-compare-succeeded: 10930 bit-by-bit-identical: 10652 verified-semi-reproducible: 9106 verified-bit-identical: 0 not-bit-by-bit-identical: 569 not-bit-by-bit-identicalcheck: 565 what's the difference between bit-by-bit-identical and verified-semi-reproducible and verified-bit-identical? -- tschau, Holger ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org PGP fingerprint: B8BF 5413 7B09 D35C F026 FE9D 091A B856 069A AA1C
signature.asc
Description: PGP signature
_______________________________________________ [email protected] mailing list To change your subscription options, visit https://lists.reproducible-builds.org/listinfo/rb-general. To unsubscribe, send an email to [email protected].
