I am working on an older application that uses SWF pictures generated by an
external application that is run from line command. In the pasts I just placed
a web browser in the form, and it displayed the SWF picture without any
problem; I believe it used the MS Explorer.
Apparently, the new browser, Edge, no longer supports SWF files, nor do any of
the other browsers as the format has been discontinued. I tried several format
converters, but none seems to work with this flavor of SWF.
Is there anyway to display a SWF file in and R:Base form? I might be able to
get the picture/graph as an Excel graph. Is there any way to display an Excel
graph in a form.
The last option would be to get the graph as a data set and the use R:Charts to
generate the graph. Since the graph is only used in one form, seems like
R:Charts would be an overkill.

On a separate note, is there a way to globally remove the design password from
all forms? I seem to remember there was a way to do it but not having used
R:base for a while now, I am somewhat rusty. I have over 200 forms and I would
prefer to do them all at once; I seem to remember adding the design password to
all the forms globally…but I could be wrong.. ☹
Any ideas or suggestion will be appreciated.

Javier,

Javier Valencia, PE
913-915-3137